Session Description: Closing More Charitable Lead Trusts: A Simple Marketing Approach that Engages Donors and Advisor

This presentation should destroy every myth you believed about charitable lead trusts and dramatically change how you view and apply them. Even though CLTs provide significant tax and financial benefits, offer great flexibility, and can be applied in numerous fact situations, many fundraisers and professionals have little experience executing CLTs. This current state of affairs presents us with the proverbial opportunity to better understand grantor and non-grantor CLTs—who are good candidates, what are the key advantages, why donors actually want them, and when to suggest their use. Equally important to understand is what misperceptions and miscommunications might be causing CLTs to be less implemented in comparison to other more popular planned giving vehicles. Finally, I will share my specific methods for successfully marketing CLTs. You will learn how I regularly close CLTs, and why CLTs are not just for the top 1%, but are actually well-suited for the other 99%.

CFRE: Approved for 1 point
CAP: Approved for 1 PACE credit
CFP: Approved for 1 hour